Postal Service Clerk Resume Objective
Postal Service Clerks can be found performing a variety of duties in post offices. In your resume, remember to include a short and to-the-point objective statement that successfully highlights your abilities, skills and experience. This statement should be utilized to give potential employers a good reason to consider you for employment. Grab their attention by showing them what you are capable of and leave them with a good first impression.
What the Postal Service Clerk Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Postal Service Clerks have a variety of responsibilities including sorting mail, providing assistance to customers, weighing packages, receiving mail, taking photos for passports and checking mail for the correct addresses. They additionally sell stamps, answer questions, register mail, balance the cash drawer, process money orders, provide assistance to the mail carriers and attend to any problems that customers are experiencing. Skills required for this position include excellent organizational, customer service, people, mathematical and communication skills. If any of these pertain to you, mention them in your objective statement.
Sample Postal Service Clerk Resume Objectives
Aside from naming your skills and experience in your objective, also include the name of the company you are applying for. This is an excellent way to show employers that you have a great interest in working for them. Here are some example resume objectives for Postal Service Clerks:
1. Looking to secure a Postal Service Clerk position with ABC Company that will allow an individual with excellent organizational, communication and mathematical skills and two years of customer service experience to benefit the organization.
2. Detail-oriented, friendly individual with 10 years of experience in customer service and exceptional communication and organizational skills searching for a Postal Service Clerk position with ABC Company.
3. Seeking employment with ABC Company as a Postal Service Clerk as an individual with five years of experience in the industry and excellent communication and organizational skills.
4. Dedicated, hard-working individual with excellent communication and customer service skills looking to secure an entry level Postal Service Clerk position with ABC Company.
5. Obtain a Postal Service Clerk position with ABC Company that will enable an individual to display good customer service, communication and organizational skills.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
123 Main Street, Stateland, ST, 99999
May 01, 2014
RE: Post Office, May 01, 2014
Dear Mark White,
Your willingness to take time out of your busy day on April 28, 2014 to meet with me is greatly appreciated. I really enjoyed speaking with you about the Post Office position.
As a mentioned during our discussion, I have a strong background in the field, and am confident I would bring a fresh perspective to your young team. After meeting with you and learning about Omni Consumer Products‘s future projects, I am confident that my ability to investigate solutions and verbal skills will be a great help to your team.
Again, I appreciate your time and consideration for this exciting opportunity. Please let me know if I can provide you with any further information about my background or qualifications. I look forward to hearing from you soon.