Loan Officers are responsible for processing loan applications and either approving or denying them after going through a set of pre-established criteria. Loans can be granted both to individuals and businesses. Main responsibilities of a Loan Officer are interviewing applicants, requesting financial information from clients, determining financial eligibility, making decisions and justifying them to superiors, creating debt payment plans, recommending different types of loans, and following lending compliance regulations.
A well-written sample cover letter for Loan Officer should demonstrate the following abilities:
An example cover letter for Loan Officer showcasing similar skills is presented below.
Dear Ms. Moore:
When I learned of JMA’s need for a Loan Officer, I felt compelled to submit the enclosed resume. As an experienced loan officer and mortgage banking specialist with expertise in performing detailed credit and property assessments, originating and managing comprehensive loan applications, and providing exceptional customer service, I am prepared to exceed your expectations for this role.
With more than nine years of experience facilitating successful customer lending, I have gained comprehensive skills in applicant interviews, loan policy compliance, underwriting procedures, documentation reviews, and approval submission procedures. My demonstrated record of effectively coordinating loan funding, along with my commitment to optimal customer service, positions me to make a significant impact on your organization.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Collaborating with loan and real estate agents, title companies, underwriters, appraisers, peers, and management to drive swift and efficient loan processing and completion.
- Training and managing staff members to top performances while excelling on an individual-sales level to realize robust loan sales figures.
- Networking with previous and existing customers as well as vendor referral sources to drive revenue growth.
- Comprehensive knowledge in FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, and subprime loans.
With my experience performing full life cycle loan processing functions, combined with my inherent interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service within your organization. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Brian I. Murray
Conforming & Nonconforming Loans, FRMs, ARMs, GPMs, Jumbo Loans, Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac Guidelines, FHA, VA, USDA Rural Development Loans
XYZ COMPANY - Sometown, AR
Provide support to loan officer and underwriter teams by ensuring the timely, judicious and accurate processing of mortgages. Review and verify borrowers’ income, credit reports, employment histories, property appraisals and title insurance information to prepare loan applications for underwriting submittal. Ensure compliance with company policies, underwriting guidelines and lending-program requirements.
- Achievement Highlights:
- Regarded as one of the company’s most productive loan processors, handling an average of 22 files monthly.
- Outperformed company average in achieving loan-processing turn-around time of 12 days or less (compared to typical 15 to 20 days).
- Provided expedient service cited as key to consistently high customer satisfaction and a 10% increase in referrals in 2011.
- Ensured all files were complete prior to underwriting hand-off and coordinated effectively with title companies to ensure smooth closings.
- Processed challenging loan applications (e.g., first-time borrowers, self-employed applicants and borrowers with problematic credit histories).
DEF COMPANY - Sometown, AR
- Provided friendly service to individual and commercial bank customers within regional financial institution.
Associate of Science in Business