- I don't like when people wear perfume and cologne...and it's even worse when they hug or kiss me and then I smell it on me. Makes me want to shower. Your own smell is good enough - as long as you've showered recently! The only exceptions are truly organic scents. I met Horst Rechelbacher recently (the founder of Aveda and Intelligent Nutrients) and I did tell him he smelled good and he said "Well, it's my job." His scents are acceptable. Mostly because they are organic and all natural. Don't even THINK about asking me to go into an Abercrombie and Fitch store! Never, ever again!
- I get annoyed when people complain about the heat and crank up the air conditioning and then don't do anything about climate change/aka global warming. First of all, I love the heat. Second of all, I can't stand air conditioning. Third of all, I don't like it when people aren't aware that we are all responsible for the state of the world.
- I really, really hate it when windows don't open.
- I get peeved by the whole celebrity culture where people devour someone like Paula Deen until she does something stupid and then revel in her downfall. I don't care about her on the way up or the way down. Although, if she's got a good recipe I will cook it.
- Speaking of which, I LOATHE when the media gets things wrong about me, which I would say they do 90 percent of the time. And then those untruths get picked up as facts since, after all, they were in the media! If you want to know something about me, ask me and I will tell you the truth--and if I can't tell you the truth I will let you know that.
- I do get annoyed when things are a mess and people don't clean up after themselves. Even though, I confess, I am often a mess! It's my double standard and I'm sticking to it.
- I get annoyed when people are late. I am almost always on time. But it's okay if someone has a good reason. That doesn't annoy me at all.
- I annoy myself all the time if I don't get things done that I know I should have gotten done. Mostly work things. But sometimes I just don't feel like doing stuff...do you know what I mean? It's like a bottomless pit sometimes--you dig the pit out and it fills up with stuff to do again. So occasionally, I just have to block it out.
- I really, really get provoked by lying, duplicity and all the related crap that goes with that. That's all I'm going to say.
- I get very, very annoyed when people drive too close to me, or go really slow in front of me, or block my ability to pass, or listen to talk radio when I am in the car. Unless it's Dave Marsh on the E Street Radio station talking about Bruce. But even I can only take so much of that talking. Then I want to listen to music, loud, and drive on the open road without being annoyed.
For more from Maria Rodale, go to www.mariasfarmcountrykitchen.com
Follow Maria Rodale on Twitter: www.twitter.com/farmkitchenblog
“The Most Annoying Things”
Life would be so much easier if there were less annoyance. Annoyance can make a person do things that they would not usually do. It makes a person build up a lot of anger inside and start to feel a lot of anxiety. It makes you feel hopeless because you want to do something about it, but you know that you cannot. Some of the most annoying things in life are people at work, family members, and people who likes to start stuff.
While at work, there are a lot of annoying things. The thing that really annoys the workers the most, for example, is the customers. For instance, if they see you at the table folding something, they will come over, look at you, and then start going through the clothes, messing them up right after they had just been fixed. Furthermore, something that really irritate workers is, the customers will get all of this merchandise, and then get up to the checkout counter, and ask how much every single thing is. Then they end up not buying half of the things that they picked up. The most annoying thing of all is that, parents just let their noisy little kids run around messing up the store, and being extra loud. When you are working, that can be one of the most annoying things ever!
Believe it or not, there is something more annoying than the people at work. However, family can be so annoying at times. No matter how much you love your family, they are still annoying! For example, little and older siblings, nieces and nephews, and worst of all PARENTS! To illustrate, little siblings, nieces, and nephews are just too annoying for life! Moreover, they will do something, and then when you ask them why they did it, they will look you right in the face, lie, and say that they did not do it. When clearly you just say there and watched them. Older siblings can also be annoying at times, but they can also be a really good person to talk to. Please do not even get me started on parents. Parents can be the most annoying. They...