24 Compare And Contrast Essay Topics To Boost Your Creativity
Many experts say that the composition and most other forms of literary papers do in fact challenge the creativity of the writer on a level that few other academic exercises could accomplish. With this being said, one can now see how this type of assignment so densely populates the curriculum at their respected educational institute. For this very reason I have put together a list of twenty-four compare and contrast titles that could give you a much needed edge when in class. The list below was also designed to directly mirror the concept on education and the human developmental process outlined within my initial statements. Please try to complete all the essay topics at least once for best results
- Living in the mountains compared to living on the plains
- City life compared to country lifestyles
- The benefits of being a vegetarian over consuming flesh
- The joys of reading over the disappointment of movie going
- Homeschooling versus public schools
- The importance of Sam versus Bilbo in the Lord of the Rings
- How rap music has changed compared to the way it was two decades ago
- The consumption habits of humans in the 21st century compared to that of the 20th century
- The benefits of drinking coffee instead of a canned energy drink
- Natural building techniques versus industrial methods
- The differences between birds and dinosaurs
- Living in a tropical climate compared to those living in extremely cold places like Alaska.
- The main differences between frogs and lizards.
- The standards of living that exist in different communist countries compared to that of democratic societies
- Ways people in underdeveloped countries have adopted to living with limited resources compared to poor people in developed countries.
- The ways paper can be more useful as a building material than it is currently used today
- The similarities between religious practices and cultural ones that shows that they both stem from the same source.
- Why nuclear power is better than petroleum power in the long run.
- The differences in the way bats live and move compared to that of birds
- Why cats are better pets than dogs
- The downside of socializing using the internet instead of meeting people in person
- The benefits of group activities compared to solo ones
- The difference between people that know two or more languages and those that do not.
- Movie going versus reading a good book.
How To Come Up With Compare And Contrast Essay Title Ideas
When you are asked to write a compare and contrast essay, you will want to make sure that you find two things that you can find the similarities and differences for. This can be a large list of things. You can write about different health care programs, cultures, television show, books. And many more. The title for this type of essay is so important. You will want to develop a good title that is interesting and that explains the comparison that you are trying to make.
Here are some helpful ideas as to how to make sure that the title of your paper is effective. You can either get the main idea that you want to write about, write your paper, and create a title last or create a title and write your paper to fit the title.
- Develop a list of things you want to compare or contrast
- Decide which one you want to write about
- Find and interesting comparing words
- Make it interesting and informative
Come up with a list of between five and ten ideas. You can get some information from your text book about what to write about or check out the newspaper to see if there are any ideas in there. You can compare a bunch of different topics. Think about things that are rather involved and have more than one layer so that you have enough information to write an essay on it. Compare movies, songs, authors, books, programs, schools, school levels, customs, etc.
Take your list and create a short outline for each one. You want to see if you can come up with enough similarities or differences between two parts of the topic. Then you will choose the one that you have the most information on.
You want to find a title that captures the essence of the paper that you are trying to write. You will need to find the interesting ways of expressing the two things that you will be writing your paper on. You don’t want to just say it is a comparison and contrast essay between the two things.
Your title should let the reader know what you are writing the essay on and should make them want to read it. For example, most people would like to choose something called “My dog is better than your cat” instead of “A comparison essay of cats and dogs as pets”.